sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS and HKP-Interface

From: Olaf Gellert
Subject: [Sks-devel] SKS and HKP-Interface
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:27:00 +0200

Hi all,

we are running sks from cvs (checked out on 2004-02-26)
and noticed two issues regarding the communication with
PGP (I usually use GPG, so I did not verify this
personnally):

1. We had a request by someone trying to submit a key.
   He used PGP 8.0.3 Enterprise Edition on Mac OS X 10.3.
   While submitting the key 0xC1fa82f2 (with a new
   signature on it), our SKS (pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de) responded
   with:

   Operation Failed

   An error occurred while performing the operation:
   some keys could not be added to the server

   I just had a look on the "SKS feature request" page on
   the documentation wiki and it seems that this error
   was already fixed. Did the mentionend patch find its
   way into CVS? If yes, this seems to be an unresolved
   issue...

2. While fetching keys using PGP 8 (currently I do not know
   the exact version number) on a windows box we sometimes
   got a message "Unknown result" (and no key was returned).
   Anyone else seen this?

Before I turn pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de into a production system
(and switching off our old keyserver) I need to be sure that
this works for all of our users... :-(

Regards,
Olaf

- --
Dipl.Inform. Olaf Gellert                  PRESECURE (R)
Consultant,                              Consulting GmbH
Phone: (+49) 0700 / PRESECURE           address@hidden

                        A daily view on Internet Attacks
                        https://www.ecsirt.net/sensornet