sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page

From: John Marshall
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 20:50:01 +1000

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011, 03:48 -0500, John Clizbe wrote:
> John Clizbe wrote:
> > The SKS generated code isn't as clean as I'd like it, but it's validating
> > just
> > fine. The rest can be worried about later. If anyone wants to shorten the
> > styles
> > used in index.ml thereby shortening the generated page, they can send me the
> > inline CSS to include in htmlTemplates.ml :-)

If you define the styles once in the document header, like this...

<head>
<title>Search results for '0x435bd034'</title>
/*<![CDATA[*/
pre { font-family: monospace; }
.uid { color: green; text-decoration: underline; }
.warn { color: red; font-weight: bold; }
/*]]>*/
</head>

Then you can tag elements in the body like this...

sig <span class="warn">revok</span>...

John, I'll send you email with links to a couple of examples of SKS
output from your server which I've doctored.

> The only thing left is aesthetic -- need a good choice of monospaced font(s)
> that will likely be found for all so that the columns of vindex for a single
> key
> line up correctly.

Really?  I think you'll find most browsers render <pre> elements in a
monospaced font - it looks fine to me in Firefox straight out of your
server -  but you can force that in CSS (as in my example above).

--
John Marshall