sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HTML5 in index page
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:51:56 -0500

Samir Nassar wrote:
> On 08/31/2011 10:09 , Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
>> What part of SKS' HTML output is not proper?
>
> It doesn't contain a DOCTYPE. It might seem a pedantic, small thing, but
> it matters.
>
> I think there is a big gap in communication if what is being said "SKS
> should be able to serve up CSS and JS files and make it easier including
> custom HTML" is being understood as "adding a template system to SKS".
>
> The default output op=index, op=vindex and op=get could use some help in
> becoming modern. This doesn't mean adding all sorts of things to SKS.
>
> At the very least this means:

The upcoming SKS 1.1.2 produces fully valid XHTML 1.0 Strict output.

You may see it's output at http://keyserver.gignerbear.net:11371 or
http://sks.keyservers.net:11371.

It would very appreciated if you would let me/us know of errors you find.

As for index, vindex, get, and stats becoming modern, it does in fact mean
adding things to SKS. The changes in the HTML output have to be included in the
source.

If you wish to help out, you may grab a clone of the current candidate branch,
hg clone https://address@hidden/r/johnclizbe-sks-keyserver/  or
after 1.1.2 is released, hg clone https://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/

You need to look at htmlTemplates.ml, index.ml, stats.ml, and dbserver.ml.

If you need help testing code changes, let me know.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) gingerbear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

Raise your hand if you know at least one person who is alive simply because
you didn't want to go to jail.