sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Support per something like pksclient

From: Giovanni Mascellani
Subject: [Sks-devel] Support per something like pksclient
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 19:00:26 +0200

Hi.

Last days I've played a bit with pks2wot, a script that you probably
already know to dump a stripped and compressed representation of the
connections in the greatest strong connected component in the web of trust.

Being designed for PKS, pks2wot exploits a program named "pksclient",
that is able to return a particular key available in the PKS database.
Is there anything equivalent for SKS? If not, what's you suggestion to
work around? At the moment, I'm using a script that essentially does:

wget -q -O - "$SERVER/pks/lookup?op=get&search=$KEYID" | gpg --dearmor

It works, but it wastes lots of resources.

Any advice?

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <address@hidden>