sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Support per something like pksclient

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Support per something like pksclient
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 14:23:48 -0500

Giovanni Mascellani wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Il 22/05/2012 20:02, Jens Leinenbach ha scritto:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Why not use this?
>> gpg --keyserver $SERVER --recv-keys $KEYID
>
> I don't want to import the key in a local keyring, I just want to dump
> it in the standard output. Then the script pks2wot will take care of
> properly handling the output (I can't import all the keys in a keyring,
> it would be too big; pks2wot uses some tricks to not do that).
>
> Moreover, I would like to skip the HTTP part, since I think it's quite
> expensive. The original pksclient script queries directly the PKS database.

mailto:address@hidden"GET <userid>"

sks.keyservers.net and keyserver.gingerbear.net support PGP-EKP 0.8.3

keyserver.linux.it and Jen's keyserver.ccc-hanau.de support PGP-EKP 0.8.2

Procmail the incoming mails to a maildir and then use another script to feed
them to pks2wot.

Even PGP-EKP uses http to fetch keys.

The only improvements I see to your script

wget -q -O - "$SERVER/pks/lookup?op=get&search=$KEYID" | gpg --dearmor

Is add &options=mr after get.
keys2.kfwebs.net, keyserver.gingerbear.net, & sks.keyservers.net run the
options=mr patch on trunk.
keyserver.ccc-hanau.de and key-server.org run their own version of the patch.
If you're generating a lot of gets at a time, you could preconstruct the URIs
and pipe them to wget with -i - . That would at least try to reuse the HTTP
connection.

-John

There may be some code in SKS, but I have to look first.

-John
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"