sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks-peer.spodhuis.org catching back up

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks-peer.spodhuis.org catching back up
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 21:18:44 +0200

On 2012-05-29 19:49, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Kristian drew my attention to sks.spodhuis.org showing a last
> update of May 25th.

This can be an issue for the pool, as the reverse proxy is "tricking"
my spider into believing it is still active.

The way I see it, it the behavior can be discouraged in two ways.
Either all reverse proxies will have to be configured not to cache, or
we can include a no-cache directive in the HTTP output (which I
believe most up-to-date proxies will honor).

For now I've added Pragma: no-cache headers to all output in my trunk
at [0]. If there is any good reason this behavior should be limited to
e.g. only the status page then I can fiddle with it some more (e.g. by
passing data down as an argument, or by filtering the body in
wserver.ml). But this should be a quick way to reduce problems
forwards at least.

[0]
http://code.google.com/r/kristianfiskerstrand-skskeyserver/source/detail?r=1cc9c8cb9fed27d858194871cf99c9546d6534f2

- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/