sks-devel

[Sks-devel] SKS logging to syslog using 1.1.6-2~bpo8+1 from debian-packp

From: Pete Stephenson
Subject: [Sks-devel] SKS logging to syslog using 1.1.6-2~bpo8+1 from debian-packports
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 01:47:30 +0100

Hi all,

I just setup a fresh sks installation using version 1.1.6-2~bpo8+1
from debian-backports. The server is running Debian Jessie.

By default, all the logs (e.g. what normally would go into db.log and
recon.log) end up in /var/log/syslog, which is not expected or
desired.

My previous installation, running 1.1.5 on Ubuntu 14.04, sent those
logs to /var/log/sks/db.log and /var/log/sks/recon.log.

I've compared my sksconf files and can't find any differences that
would account for those files not being created.

The debian-sks user has write access to the directory /var/log/sks/

Any ideas what might be going on? I'd be happy to provide logs or
other details upon request.

--
Pete Stephenson