Re: [Social-discuss] Languages -- let's make a web application

From: Carlo von Loesch
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Languages -- let's make a web application
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 06:29:37 +0200 (CEST)

Matt Lee typeth:
| This is also why I think something in a browser would be more
| understandable by a typical user.

A user also understands a Skype client or a bittorrent plugin.
Maybe he even understands a Jabber client.

The choice of tools is not limited by mental capacities yet.
The question is how much are you intending to through encryption,
thus privacy, out of the window.

| Case in point: I will likely wind up hosting a GNU social setup for at
| least my immediate family who currently use Facebook. It needs to be so
| easy that they can just login and use it, without installing software.

And it doesn't really give them all that much advantage, if all
private information is still traveling the net unencrypted or
lying on ISP commodity hard disks ready to be harvested.

--
___ psyc://psyced.org/~lynX ___ irc://psyced.org/welcome ___
___ xmpp:address@hidden ____ https://psyced.org/PSYC/ _____