Re: [Social-discuss] Which of these names do you like?

From: David Sterry
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Which of these names do you like?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:36:55 -0700

I think Dave's comments are useful but I would also say you can take two
main tacts. One is to have a meaningful name by combining words that
have the kinds of meaning you want...friends, groups, relationships,
clans. The other is to go for something short with as little meaning as
possible across as many cultures as you can query. This is supposed to
be an international project and framework so it should be named with
international branding in mind. One other consideration is that the .org
be available which I'm not sure of for the members of the aforementioned
list.

If it were me naming this thing, I'd bite the bullet, pick a few names I
liked that met the criteria I cared about and then have a vote. I
understand the impetus to get all of our opinions but everyone thinks
differently about names and some don't care at all.(a rose is a rose...etc.)

Sorry if I'm derailing here...just thought a list of 156 names was a bit
hard to work from.

Thanks,

David Sterry