[Social-discuss] migrating an existing community site to GNU Social

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [Social-discuss] migrating an existing community site to GNU Social
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:19:41 +0100

Hi all:

I'm curious to know what we might have to do or
implement at PlanetMath.org to become compatible
with GNU Social.

PlanetMath is here:
  http://planetmath.org/

A typical(?) user profile (mine) is:
  http://planetmath.org/?op=getuser&id=4316

My hopes would be to stop PlanetMath from being
a social silo, i.e. to help make participation at PlanetMath
transparently and usefully a part of a broader set of
online activities.  My sense is that this is compatible
with the goals of GNU Social.

In any case, migrating an existing site like PlanetMath
seems like a useful 'test case' to consider.

Joe