Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [Social-discuss] Which of these names do you like?

From: Matt Lee
Subject: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [Social-discuss] Which of these names do you like?
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:26:11 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:01:40 -0400
From: Abdur-Rahman Morgan <address@hidden>
To: Matt Lee <address@hidden>

Matt,

I just subscribed a minute ago after I received the original message.
Since you originally posted the message regarding the topic in the
subject, I'll send you my thoughts directly and try to post again in a
few hours.

Good Day All!

I reviewed the names on the list and did not find any that I could
relate to. I did have three names to contribute that I thought about.
Dictionary words nonetheless, but they stuck with me as I have been
gnusocialstorming over the past past few days.

cusp
cues
decisive

The other idea that I wanted to contribute were to use the names of
different types of movements in history that are a continuation of the
type of platform GNU Social represents. I think people will naturally
want to know where the names came from and in providing an explanation,
we show the relationship between the lagacy of those movements and what
we are doing today. Also, we can additionally use the names of specific
people within those movements to show our appreciate for those before
us. Lastly, this can be social, political, artistic, literary, etc.,.
movements. Perhaps, everyone can submit the name of one movement and one
leader within that movement. As an example, I would say
the Black Consciousness Movement[1] and Stephen Biko[2] would be the
individual that I would use, so the names would be

bcm
biko

Thanks for reading,

Abdur-Rahman Morgan(tearms)