social

Re: [Social] Fwd: Saying hi :) and about git workflow

From: Melvin Carvalho
Subject: Re: [Social] Fwd: Saying hi :) and about git workflow
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:44:27 +0200

2010/6/14 Rob Myers <address@hidden>
On 06/14/2010 01:15 AM, will kahn-greene wrote:

There's also the Pro Git book:

http://progit.org/book/

I have the print version of this next to me. It's very good, and you can read it online as well.

An awesome resource.

http://book.git-scm.com/

Is also great, perhaps a gentler introduction ...

( also linus' google talk is a classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8 ... you may need to run that through the ogg converter ... )

The first few chapters of this book are very handy.

Yes, I'd highly recommend it/them.

Also, Chris Webber did a talk at ChiPy in January that covers Git
internals and Git-Python.  The Git-Python stuff isn't relevant, but the
Git internals is useful.

http://python.mirocommunity.org/video/1227/gitpython-and-git-internals

Chris is cool. He did the animation for the FSF's "Patent Absurdity" film.

- Rob.