Re: [STUMP] longer startup times

From: arnuld
Subject: Re: [STUMP] longer startup times
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 23:31:29 +0530

> On 8/12/07, J. Liles <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, I should have pointed out the fact that hooks are
> non-exclusive.

i think i am the one who needs to say "sorry". that was not because of hook.

whenever we start X  some new "~/.serversauth*" files are created and
when we kill those are destroyed automatically by your *NIX OS.  i
found out that somehow, Arch did not remove those authority files
automatically. it happened with me 2 times in last 2 months. when i
removed them manually. everything ran fine.

> In your usage, the hook will be added to the
> list every time you run "loadrc", resulting in (focus-group)
> being called many times.  Use the following macro instead of
> (add-hook):

>         (defmacro replace-hook (hook fn)
>          `(remove-hook ,hook ,fn)
>          `(add-hook ,hook ,fn))
>
>         (replace-hook *focus-group-hook* 'focus-group)
>
> Now you can call (replace-hook) for any other hooks in your
> .stumpwmrc.

thanks for the code anyway  ;)

BTW, i only needed to remove the (add-hook....) line and add this code
you have given and runs fine too :)

(just curious, when i can find you on #stumpwm IRC ? )

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/