Re: [STUMP] multiple stumps and synergy?

From: Lionel
Subject: Re: [STUMP] multiple stumps and synergy?
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 09:51:18 +0200

"Brian Edmonds" <address@hidden> writes:

> Has anyone thought about how stumpwm might be integrated with synergy?
>  I'd love to be able to synergy my desktop and laptop together, and
> *really* control them from one keyboard.  I did that for a while, but
> to move from one to the other I still had to grab the mouse or do ugly
> hacks with ratwarp.  It would be really cool if stumpwm could know
> about synergy and somehow integrate the two desktops more naturally.
>
> Brian.

I've been using synergy with stumpwm for a couple of weeks now, and
indeed it doesn't integrate really well. First, synergy doesn't seem to
like banish in the "slave" screen, it probably doesn't understand what's
going on when the cursor is moved without its consent I changed the
keybindings so M-left and M-right will change the focused screen:

section: options
    keystroke(alt+left) = switchInDirection(left)
    keystroke(alt+right) = switchInDirection(right)
end

but I'd prefer a command line interface to synergy so I could use
stumpwm to do that (with a custom snext for instance). I also noticed
that synergys (the server side) crashes pretty often, but I don't know
if it's directly related to stumpwm. It's still better than having two
keyboards tho, even if it could be greatly improved.

--
Lionel