Re: [STUMP] a program to switch windows

From: John Li
Subject: Re: [STUMP] a program to switch windows
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:03:17 -0400

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 07:10:54PM -0700, Andrei Mikhailov wrote:

> It is similar to the StumpWM window switcher, but slightly different:
> 1. It enumerates windows by letters rather than numbers. (So, you can
> manage up to 26 windows)
>     Pressing the corresponding key brings you to that window.

By the StumpWM window switcher, do you mean the "fselect" command? If
so, you can also get the frames to be named by letters (or any
characters) by setting the *frame-number-map* variable. E.g.,

(setf *frame-number-map* "aoeuidhtns-pyfgcrlqjkxbmwvz1234567890")

Or do you mean something like the "windowlist" command that lists
windows and lets you scroll through it and select windows?

Either way, seems interesting! I use run-or-raise almost exclusively
to switch between windows, but maybe I'll give this a go.

-John