Re: [STUMP] bug: launching stumpwm automatically under GNOME loses keys,

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] bug: launching stumpwm automatically under GNOME loses keys, manually doesn't
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 10:37:23 -0400

Iain Dalton <address@hidden> writes:

> I create ~/.local/share/applications/stumpwm.desktop (attached) so I
> can tell GNOME to use it as a WM.  In gconf, I set
> /desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager to stumpwm.
> I restart GNOME to effect the change.  Results:

I am using this setup except that:
1. The stumpwm.desktop is in ~/.config/autostart/
2. My stumpwm.desktop is slightly simpler (though it /does/ include the
   X-GNOME-Autostart-Phase and X-GNOME-Provides keys).
3. I have not bothered to set the gconf key.

I suspect this is short-circuiting the gconf setting for the window
manager, but I could be mistaken.

I don't have the problems you're seeing.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    address@hidden  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |