Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:12:12 +0400

Shawn Betts wrote:
>> I use StumpWM on CLisp. Sometimes Thunderbird's "Go to next Inbox?"
>> messages are destroyed from X point of view, but are still present from
>> StumpWM's point of view. I made a sort of garbage collector (still needs
>> to be run manually) for such windows, but if I don't run it, next window
>> creation kills StumpWM. Not that I care now - tags allow me to store all
>> the state on the X server side.

> I can't fix bugs if no one reports them! If something is broken please

OK, I'm sorry.

> let me know, especially for something as fundamental as windows. On
> that note, please complain about bugs in the form of bug reports and

I tried to learn to reproduce it reliably. I failed. So I don't consider
myself able to file a testable bug-report. Also it looks like SBCL is
too much more recommended, so it diminished the value of such bug-report
even further. On the other hand, I have a convoluted stumpwmrc and it
probably does complicate things.

> not off handed slights. It's not fair and it makes those contributing

It wasn't meant as a slight, just an explanation why on my (perverted)
setup, I didn't notice the problem.

> feel bad. Let's stay constructive here! If you already reported it,
> well, heckle as much as you like.

> Can you explain how it is "still present from stumpwm's point of
> view?" maybe with a screenshot or something? Can you also post your
> manual window GC?

OK, I will do my best to describe a bug in a separate thread.