Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] [UPDATE]Re: Tag-based window management
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 04:52:44 -0700

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:40 AM, Michael Raskin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Or StumpWM crashes. For me it crashes much quicker than runs out of
>>> memory, so I didn't pay attention. Thanks.
>>
>> It does? I have actually no major problems with StumpWM at the
>> moment. There are a lot of patches accumulating on the mailing list,
>> though. I am planning to incorporate some of these patches in my
>> personal stumpwm branch on Github. But this will still have to wait at
>> least two weeks.
>
> I use StumpWM on CLisp. Sometimes Thunderbird's "Go to next Inbox?"
> messages are destroyed from X point of view, but are still present from
> StumpWM's point of view. I made a sort of garbage collector (still needs
> to be run manually) for such windows, but if I don't run it, next window
> creation kills StumpWM. Not that I care now - tags allow me to store all
> the state on the X server side.

I can't fix bugs if no one reports them! If something is broken please
let me know, especially for something as fundamental as windows. On
that note, please complain about bugs in the form of bug reports and
not off handed slights. It's not fair and it makes those contributing
feel bad. Let's stay constructive here! If you already reported it,
well, heckle as much as you like.

Can you explain how it is "still present from stumpwm's point of
view?" maybe with a screenshot or something? Can you also post your
manual window GC?

Thanks.

-Shawn