Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 11:25:36 +0100

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 02:01:57AM +0400, Michael Raskin wrote:
> Shawn Betts wrote:
> > I got your patch the first time. It looks good but I haven't had any
> > time to work on stumpwm. I'm sorry. Clearly my not having the time and
> > being the only one with commit access is hurting the community as a
> > whole. If there's someone who's familiar with the code, has had some
> > patches approved, and who is willing to help steer the ship, I'd be
> > happy to add them to the savannah project and grateful for their help.
>
> Maybe the actual steering could be in form of split authority. I.e.
> while you can always act as a benevolent dictator, you could give a few
> of us commit rights simultaneously with the idea that each patch not
> picked up by you should be commented on by at least two of us before
> being committed.

I'd be willing to help out as part of a team of maintainers.  I also
like the idea of having multiple people comment on a patch before
committing, but it would require the maintainers to make a positive
effort to review patches that do not necessarily interest them
personally - after all, everyone's free to comment on the list as
things stand, yet many patches go uncommented.

Ben