Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits

From: Carlos Konstanski
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:43:09 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009, Shawn Betts wrote:

Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:24:05 +0300
From: Shawn Betts <address@hidden>
To: StumpWM-devel <address@hidden>

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 5:46 PM, Vitaly Mayatskikh
<address@hidden> wrote:
At Fri, 25 Sep 2009 02:01:57 +0400, Michael Raskin wrote:

Maybe the actual steering could be in form of split authority. I.e.
while you can always act as a benevolent dictator, you could give a few
of us commit rights simultaneously with the idea that each patch not
picked up by you should be commented on by at least two of us before
being committed.

Sounds reasonable. Also it'd be good to commit fresh patches in some
kind of development branch, moving proven to be stable patches to main
branch on monthly basis as suggested by Julian.

Regular releases. stable and unstable branches. Geez, it sounds like a
*real* software project :). Let's make this happen!

-Shawn

Careful.  The Stumper has been the most stable and predictable project
I have ever had the pleasure of using.  I have never checked out a
broken build, ever.  Whatever you have been doing, it works great.

Carlos