Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits

From: Michael Raskin
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 02:01:57 +0400

Shawn Betts wrote:
> I got your patch the first time. It looks good but I haven't had any
> time to work on stumpwm. I'm sorry. Clearly my not having the time and
> being the only one with commit access is hurting the community as a
> whole. If there's someone who's familiar with the code, has had some
> patches approved, and who is willing to help steer the ship, I'd be
> happy to add them to the savannah project and grateful for their help.

Maybe the actual steering could be in form of split authority. I.e.
while you can always act as a benevolent dictator, you could give a few
of us commit rights simultaneously with the idea that each patch not
picked up by you should be commented on by at least two of us before
being committed.

Whom to pick for these positions is another question. I would try to do
some reviewing as one of co-developers under such conditions - if you
and others thought that I would be be useful.

I'd trust Vitaliy Mayatskikh, Julia Stecklina, Ivy Foster, John Li etc
to know the codebase well enough and care about the project.

Of course, I will continue to share what I personally need from StumpWM
anyway.