Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Patch: improvement for scripting frame splits
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:12:57 +0200

Michael Raskin <address@hidden> writes:

> Shawn Betts wrote:
>> I got your patch the first time. It looks good but I haven't had any
>> time to work on stumpwm. I'm sorry. Clearly my not having the time and
>> being the only one with commit access is hurting the community as a
>> whole. If there's someone who's familiar with the code, has had some
>> patches approved, and who is willing to help steer the ship, I'd be
>> happy to add them to the savannah project and grateful for their help.
>
> Maybe the actual steering could be in form of split authority. I.e.
> while you can always act as a benevolent dictator, you could give a few
> of us commit rights simultaneously with the idea that each patch not
> picked up by you should be commented on by at least two of us before
> being committed.
>
> Whom to pick for these positions is another question. I would try to do
> some reviewing as one of co-developers under such conditions - if you
> and others thought that I would be be useful.
>
> I'd trust Vitaliy Mayatskikh, Julia Stecklina, Ivy Foster, John Li etc
                                     ^n
> to know the codebase well enough and care about the project.

I _do_ care about this project, but my understanding of the X11 parts is
quite limited. My current plans are to fix some bugs in my contrib/
stuff and get ECL support working. I don't know whether this qualifies
me for commit access.

Btw, as git HEAD seems to be the most stable version, I would really
love to see regular releases (say once every month or so, like
SBCL). That being said: I have no problem to be responsible for it.

Regards, Julian

Footnotes:
[1]  http://github.com/blitz/stumpwm
     Github is great! :)
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge