Re: [STUMP] Release engineering

From: Julian Stecklina
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Release engineering
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:54:16 +0200

Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> writes:

> Julian Stecklina <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On a related matter: What about an 1.0 release in the mid-term future?
>> What would be _your_ wishlist for StumpWM 1.0?
>
> Better panel support (e.g. gnome-panel).  Right now you can have one
> panel, which takes the place of the mode line.  It would be nice to be
> able to have several, at all sides of the screen/head.
>
> See _NET_WM_STRUT_PARTIAL at
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html .

The last time I tried various panels (some months ago), none did
function without problems. Some plain didn't work, others weren't
showing all windows. Has someone done some research on which panel
works, which doesn't and why? If not, I'll try some panels again and
submit proper bug reports.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day
they start making vacuum cleaners - Ernst Jan Plugge