Re: [STUMP] group-format-map and window-format-map

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] group-format-map and window-format-map
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:14:47 +0000

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 01:18:15AM -0700, Matt Spear wrote:
> That sounds good, I've attached a patch for the window (same logic as
> yours),

I don't think we actually need to change select-window, since the
current version doesn't support selecting by number.  Instead the
select-window-by-number command and :window-number argument type need
changing.  This is incongruously (and perhaps arbitrarily) different
to how groups work, but it's how it is currently.

> and changed the char I had in group-map-number to elt (same
> for window).

Pushed this, but not the changes to *window-number-map* and
*group-number-map*.  I think these can just be nil by default (for
now), so that no mapping happens.

> I am not 100% sure the windowlist and grouplist string
> search make perfect sense with this.  Is it wiser to have a similar
> search algorithm for them (if so it is prolly worth cleaning the
> select-group and select-window into a macro that they'd use too)?

I don't think windowlist and grouplist need changing.  They search
based on the menu string, which (depending on your format strings)
already contains the map number.  So they should just work.

Ben