Re: [STUMP] Gimp handling problems

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Gimp handling problems
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 21:52:13 +0100

Johnny <address@hidden> writes:

> Wojciech Meyer <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Johnny <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> There shouldn't be any kind of smart location involved I think. These
>> symbols should be included in the loaded image. It looks like a mismatched
>> version of stumpwm if you do
>>
>> C-t : version
>>
>> is it saying the version you are expecting?
>>
>> You clearly have in-package stumpwm statement, so it should pick it up.
>>
>> Mine is git build 40, and it's working.
>>
>> I can't think about something different.
>>
>> You should always be able to configure stumpwm with `--prefix' command
>> line option, and then just do `make install'. I just use $HOME.
>> I hope it helps.
>
> Thanks for the help Wojciech! I haven't had time to pursue this yet, but
> will do so eventually and simply want to thank you for testing out the
> code and giving a direction to pursue. Once I've been able to spend some
> time on resolving this, I may be back (or hopefully not!).
>
> Again, thanks for your time!

No problem. BTW: I had some similar problems due to some package
handling in Common Lisp before, I don't remember what exactly was
it. There are currently two packages stumpwm and stumpwm-user and I am
not a Common Lisper really but `in-package :stumpwm' on top of the
.stumpwmrc should give you access to all the functions defined in
StumpWM (and not only those exported), so basically it should not be giving
these problems.

Cheers;
Wojciech