Re: [STUMP] Gimp handling problems

From: Wojciech Meyer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Gimp handling problems
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 01:01:17 +0100

Johnny <address@hidden> writes:

>> Hi Johnny,
>>
>> It works for me, with the same snippet as yours, which version of stumpwm
>> do you use?  I use git and it's working here.
>>

> Hi Wojciech,
>
> I am using 0.9.7-52, also from git, compiled with sbcl. I cloned git
> into my ~/source directory, compiled stumpm and moved the executable to
> /usr/local/bin. Does stumpwm require also the source lisp files in the
> path maybe, and is there a smart location if so (e.g. /usr/local/lib?)?

There shouldn't be any kind of smart location involved I think. These
symbols should be included in the loaded image. It looks like a mismatched
version of stumpwm if you do

C-t : version

is it saying the version you are expecting?

You clearly have in-package stumpwm statement, so it should pick it up.

Mine is git build 40, and it's working.

I can't think about something different.

You should always be able to configure stumpwm with `--prefix' command
line option, and then just do `make install'. I just use $HOME.
I hope it helps.

> Thanks,

Cheers;
Wojciech