[STUMP] A stumpwm's module

From: Diogo F. S. Ramos
Subject: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 03:22:01 -0300

I've been using a *very* primitive code to interact with pulseaudio and
I decided to pack it as a "module" [0].

Now, there were discussions in the past for what a new module to stumpwm
should look like, here, at the irc channel and also in the wiki [1].

I've tried to summarize it all in my module, but I'm not sure if I did
it right.

First, using a library called `quickproject', I've created a normal CL
package called `pavol' where I export three symbols. This package uses
`:stumpwm'.

I've also created an asdf file where I declare a dependency in stumpwm.

This way, I can create symbols outside stumpwm package.

Unfortunately, by doing all this, I couldn't directly access a function
called `bar', which is not exported by stumpwm, so I had to use `::'. It
looks like a good symbol to export to me.

Also, because the procedure `define-key' only accepts commands, to make
the life of the user easier, I decided to define three of them. To do
it, I had to use `(in-package #:stumpwm)' inside my package. I don't
know if this is OK or not.

The objective of all of this is to make it easy to be loaded using
quicklisp and to not clutter the namespace of stumpwm.

What do you think?

[0] git://gitorious.org/pavol/pavol.git

[1] http://stumpwm.svkt.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/StumpWM_Package_Guidlines

--