Re: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module

From: Daimrod
Subject: Re: [STUMP] A stumpwm's module
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:22:46 +0200

address@hidden (Diogo F. S. Ramos) writes:

> Max Mikhanosha <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Unfortunately, by doing all this, I couldn't directly access a function
>>> called `bar', which is not exported by stumpwm, so I had to use `::'. It
>>> looks like a good symbol to export to me.
>>
>> stumpwm export list is IMHO stale, and its impossible to extend it
>> well without using internal symbols, so I see absolutely no problem with
>> that.
>
> Hum, that's unfortunate.
>
> I think that a nice set of exported symbols would be nice. Of course,
> it's much easier said than done.

Maybe we could use the two packages #:stumpwm and #:stuwmpm-user by
exporting a small set of symbols in #:stumpwm-user required to use and
configure it and a larger set in #:stumpwm to develop modules with it.

Currently, the #:stuwmpwm-user package doesn't contain any symbols and
is only used by two modules.

Ofc to minimize the amount of change required we could simply add
another package like #:stumpwm-dev.