[STUMP] mouse wheel no longer scrolls on latest version of evince 3.10 i

From: Mitchell Laks
Subject: [STUMP] mouse wheel no longer scrolls on latest version of evince 3.10 in sid
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 12:46:53 -0500

Hi,

I have been using stumpwm for several years and am very happy and can't
contemplate otherwise.

I just noticed a change in debian sid.

The new version of evince 3.10 (which is a pdf viewer)
mousewheel  no longer scrolls up and down the page while running under stumpwm.

I reported to evince upstream and they denied it as a problem on their end.

I found they are right when i opened up lxde icewm gnome etc evince worked
normally.

Note evince 3.4 under  stumpwm (debian wheezy) was fine.

It was only when i upgraded 3.10 or even using jhbuild latest 3.11 same
behavior.

Do you have any idea what the change in mouse handling that would affect this
application.
I have not noticed other applications.

is it a change in the xorg?

thus qpdfview works with normal scroll behavior and okular.

I mentioned on #stumpwm irc

where it was confirmed by alezost

thanks,

mitchell laks