Re: [STUMP] What are the Common Lisp implementations which StumpWM suppo

From: Ben Spencer
Subject: Re: [STUMP] What are the Common Lisp implementations which StumpWM supports?
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2015 06:54:51 +0000

On 15 January 2015 at 01:07, Diogo F. S. Ramos <address@hidden> wrote:
> I couldn't find a list of the supported Common Lisp implementations.  Is
> there one?

Probably not an accurate one.  The README states "sbcl, clisp, ccl and
ecl".  Makefile.in is likely a good list of those that people have
made it support in the past (although it's worth noting that "getting
it running" and "building an executable image" aren't exactly the same
problem - I've had it sort of running under abcl in the past).

wrappers.lisp contains a load of junk[0] which I believe was
originally copied verbatim from elsewhere.  It should really be done
away with and replaced with compatibility libraries from quicklisp.

In my experience: sbcl, clisp and ccl usually work, whereas ecl is a
bit of a moving target.  I don't know about LispWorks but the person
who did the port can probably provide more enlightenment there.

Of course a major factor is which lisps currently have a working clx.
I believe the clx that most people use is currently under stewardship
of the sharplispers; they may have a list of implementations they aim
to support.

Ben

[0] Although not as much as it used to!
https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/commit/2ca1e14119db9c14bec2db1347cb2d868149e5bb