Re: mouse not dragging a float window.

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: mouse not dragging a float window.
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 09:54:27 +0100

Hi Colin,

On Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 16:34, Colin Baxter wrote:
> I have pulled today's stumpwm git and built stumpwm using sbcl-2.2.7. It
> appears to work except the mouse will now not drag a floating window. I
> have tried click and sloppy focus policies without effect. I have looked
> through the recent commits but don't see anything relevant. I would
> appreciate some suggestions on how to resolve this.

Just to add a +1.  I noticed this a few weeks ago but thought it was
something I did.  I don't use floating groups much so didn't raise the
issue earlier.

Looking at the code for floating groups (which does not appear to have
changed since June), it seems that one should use "super" plus the mouse
to move windows.  My keyboard doesn't have a super key (none of the
windows keys) so I thought I would change the behaviour to using the Alt
key by

(setf *float-window-modifier* :alt)

but to no avail.

--
Eric S Fraga via gnus (Emacs 29.0.50 2022-08-16) on Debian 11.4