Re: mouse not dragging a float window.

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: mouse not dragging a float window.
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 12:41:18 +0100

Dear Eric,

Thanks very much for your reply.

    > Hi Colin,
    > On Monday, 29 Aug 2022 at 16:34, Colin Baxter wrote:
    >> I have pulled today's stumpwm git and built stumpwm using
    >> sbcl-2.2.7. It appears to work except the mouse will now not drag
    >> a floating window. I have tried click and sloppy focus policies
    >> without effect. I have looked through the recent commits but
    >> don't see anything relevant. I would appreciate some suggestions
    >> on how to resolve this.

    > Just to add a +1.  I noticed this a few weeks ago but thought it
    > was something I did.  I don't use floating groups much so didn't
    > raise the issue earlier.

    > Looking at the code for floating groups (which does not appear to
    > have changed since June), it seems that one should use "super"
    > plus the mouse to move windows.  My keyboard doesn't have a super
    > key (none of the windows keys) so I thought I would change the
    > behaviour to using the Alt key by

I have the super key and yes I can re-size a window using the mouse
while depressing super, as in previous versions of stumpwm, but it will
not allowing dragging, i.e. moving the whole window. I have also tried
other combinations of keys with the mouse, but all to no avail. Using my
old stumpwm binary (which fortunately I haven't deleted) I can drag
windows with just the mouse and no keys. So I'm guessing that something
has changed, but like you, there seemed to be nothing immediately
obvious in the recent commits.

    > (setf *float-window-modifier* :alt)

This now seems to be rejected no matter what follows the colon.

Best wishes,

Colin.