Re: [swarm-hackers] bye bye CVS?

From: Bill Northcott
Subject: Re: [swarm-hackers] bye bye CVS?
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 08:10:29 +1000

It makes sense to me to move to svn.

Git is another can of worms altogether. I think we would need a significantly larger community for that sort of fragmentation to make much sense.

My two pennyworth
Bill

On 27/09/2008, at 6:46 AM, Marcus G. Daniels wrote:

Hmm, for encouraging development (assuming that learning the revision control system was a minor cost, which I think it is not here), then in principle it would be better to have many independent fronts of development as in git or Mercurial than a centralized system. For example, looking at the Linux kernel git repository (http://git.linux.org , there's a sense of ownership that seems good to encourage. On the other hand, if converting over to svn is easy on savannah, that's a good solid improvement.