Re: Biological Analogies in Manufacturing

From: Ken Schmahl
Subject: Re: Biological Analogies in Manufacturing
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:01:11 -0800

Frank,
I'm a staff engineer with LSI Logic Corp in California.  We do chip
design/manufacturing.  My expertise is in the front-end ASIC design
(nothing regarding manufacturing).

I've been interested in using adaptive agent systems in the
design of complex digital electronic systems.  Your comment, below,
regarding your work in using CAS for engineering caught my eye, so
I perused your web sites.  I found your groups paper "Feature Oriented
Design" but have no access to ACME archives being a member of IEEE
and ACM.  I'm also interested in your paper "Features as Agents, An
Alternative Paradigm for Concurrent Engineering", for which only the
abstract is available.

Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of these papers, postscript
or PDF?  I would be very grateful if you could help.  Though I don't
have a funded project for this sideline interest of mine I am pursuing
it in my (copious :^) free time.

Many thanks for your time and trouble,
Ken Schmahl                             address@hidden
LSI Logic, Milpitas, CA, USA            (408) 954-3508

Damn a man who doesn't read books.  The test of a man is
his knowledge of humanity, of the politics of human life,
his comprehension of the things that move men.
        -- William Mulholland