[Swarm-Modelling] Models study in cooperation and competition

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Models study in cooperation and competition
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 10:22:56 +0100

Hello, I am a PhD student at the University of Padova (Italy).
I think that methodology and validation are two major problems
in simulation models involving human behavior.
In my thesis I would like to compare diffrent computational models
in order to find some useful suggestion.
Along with this two problem, another theme is the purpose intended
for a grate number of simulation models.
In short, instead of building the n-th simulation model I would like
to compare critically different models with reguard to methodology,
validation and purpose.
Obviously, I need to restrict the area to a specific theme involving
human behavior. So I will compare models about competition and
cooperation. About this theme we find a lot of research even before
the advent of computational modeling, so it will be possible to see
the contribution of computational models as a new research method.
My research will start from the well known Axelrod's models (see
"the evolution of cooperation" and "the complexity of cooperation").

If you have developed a model or know about other interesting
exemples, please let me know.

Thank you
 Matteo