Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Floating point arithmetic

From: Russell Standish
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Floating point arithmetic
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 16:38:10 +1000

I am very *unconvinced* that we need yet another computer language to
solve the issues. C++ works extremely well in a high performance
setting, and its curious that it wasn't mentioned in any of those
articles (only Fortran, which is becoming more C++ like by the year).

With Classdesc, most of the Reflection issues of C++ are solved - the
main thing it lacks is the ability to package a program written in it
into a pedogical applet. Speculating here, this could be done by
providng a C++ version of the Java GUI envrionment, and a C++ -> JVM
compiler.

Cheers