Re: [Swarm-Modelling] question about installation

From: Kavita Gangal
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] question about installation
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:38:23 +0530

Hi Katrina,

since you are using windows, why don't you use the Eclipse environment working on windows to start with swarm?
You don't need to use cygwin at all then. You can directly write and run programs on a windows machine with eclipse.

The website for downloading eclipse is : http://www. eclipse.org/

The documentation and instructions to installation of eclipse are given on : http://www.swarm.org/images/e/ec/How-to_use_JavaSwarm_in_Eclipse.pdf

On 7/30/07, Marcus G. Daniels <address@hidden > wrote:
HiKatarina,

>>   I'm a beginner with swarm software and used a guide to installation of java based swarm proposed by Marcus. I have installed cygwin without problems but I cannot untar the file for swarm
You've got an old pretest version somehow.   The current version
distributed at www.swarm.org doesn't rely on Cygwin at all.   To use it,
unpack it and set the CLASSPATH to include swarm.jar and kawa.jar (in
the share/swarm subdirectory IIRC), the PATH to include javaswarm.dll
(in the bin subdirectory) and SWARMHOME to the location of where you
unpacked the zip file.   The latter should use forward slashes.