Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Large scale ABM Simulation on the GPU

From: Miles Parker
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Large scale ABM Simulation on the GPU
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 18:04:22 -0800

Right, that's OpenCL. Doing a quick web search it appears that ATI has stated pretty clearly that they won't do CUDA. Politically its interesting as Apple is really making OpenCL part of some core efforts. If NVidia doesn't support that then they aren't likely to end up on Mac systems. So it looks like potential for a bit of a (defacto) standards battle.