swarm-swarmfest2004

RE: [SwarmFest2004] swarmfest04 -- Budget estimates --- **Please respond

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: RE: [SwarmFest2004] swarmfest04 -- Budget estimates --- **Please respond**
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:44:49 -0500 (EST)

Roger,
Thanks for the feedback and ideas.

I wasn't on the board last year, so I don't
know what the arrangements were for prior SDGs.

It is early relative to other SwarmFest CFP's,
but from other things i have done, its very late,
so i am getting nervous.  (just chalk it up to my
personal foibles...)  I think giving more lead
time will help get better presentations and
help with attendence (by not having people
fill their calenders).

I did hear from SteveR and he is supportive of SDG
agreeing to cover any possible losses (with the
chance for a profit, as you noted).
So if we get a few more people on the committee,
its likely to pass a vote of the SDG.

I booked one lunch because
a) its what was done last year
b) it gives visitors a chance to samply a2 lunch spots

I will draft a CFP and circulate that, and I'll try
to work in the ideas you have below.
I'd be happy to contact Mike North about a toolkit
session on sunday afternoon.   Who else might we invite?
Netlogo and StarLogo folks, I suppose.  Do any of
you know them? Are there still Ascape people active?
Any other relevant toolkits?

We can think about live entertainment I guess,
if we think we can afford it.  As i understand it,
last year the reception also sort of doubled as
a poster session, yes?  So maybe that would be a conflict?

- r

--
Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)