synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 00:29:17 +0200

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:16:50PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
[..]
> > I know that the "release" scheme is more flexible than just having
> > "stable/testing/unstable" :) My problem was that I wanted to see if it
> > works and I have no idea right now how I can make libapt to tell me
> > what releases are available (and what origions, that might be nice as
> > well). Do you have any idea Panu? Or maybe Gustavo?
>
> Hmm, surprisingly straightforward actually :) The following code snippet
> (tested in apt-cache policy routine) prints out the known components
> along with their associated releases (archives) and origins:
[usefull code deleted]

Thanks for this hints. I used this snippet and I have a new version of
synaptic that lets you choose the "archive" bit under
"Preferences/Advanced".

The code is available at:
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre2.tar.gz

It fixes most (all?) of the bugs that where reported against pre1. So
anyone who has some spare time is very welcome to test the new
pre-release.

thanks,
 Michael