synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection

From: Panu Matilainen
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Distribution selection
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:05:51 +0300

Quoting Michael Vogt <address@hidden>:

> On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 07:16:50PM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> [..]
> > > I know that the "release" scheme is more flexible than just having
> > > "stable/testing/unstable" :) My problem was that I wanted to see if it
> > > works and I have no idea right now how I can make libapt to tell me
> > > what releases are available (and what origions, that might be nice as
> > > well). Do you have any idea Panu? Or maybe Gustavo?
> >
> > Hmm, surprisingly straightforward actually :) The following code snippet
> > (tested in apt-cache policy routine) prints out the known components
> > along with their associated releases (archives) and origins:
> [usefull code deleted]
>
> Thanks for this hints. I used this snippet and I have a new version of
> synaptic that lets you choose the "archive" bit under
> "Preferences/Advanced".

Cool! Now it's dynamic please enable it for RPM as well as it is useful for us
folks too :)

> The code is available at:
> http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre2.tar.gz
>
> It fixes most (all?) of the bugs that where reported against pre1. So
> anyone who has some spare time is very welcome to test the new
> pre-release.

There seems to be some wings-stuff still left:

address@hidden synaptic-0.45]$ ./configure
checking for iconv... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating common/Makefile
config.status: creating wings/Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: wings/Makefile.in
address@hidden synaptic-0.45]$
--
    - Panu -