synaptic-devel

Re: [Fwd: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Ui Proposal]

From: Renate
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Ui Proposal]
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 19:52:25 +0200

Hello,

I have to admit that I've changed my mind concerning the radio buttons.

Normal buttons are a much more intuitive way of selecting a status. The
HIG is in favor of using toggle buttons to indicate a state, too.

I think that the problem was the missing distinction between toogle and
action buttons in the ui. I always wanted to use the buttons as action
buttons. This was why I made the suggestion with the undo button.

Here is a new try: This time with a better and cleaner toggle button
implementation.

Furthermore I would suggest using more expressive labels on the buttons
and a title. But the text is not the final one...

Sebastian