synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion 1 for 0.53 available

From: sashko
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Testversion 1 for 0.53 available
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 16:18:22 -0400

on 08/01/04 12:34 Michael Vogt wrote:
Dear Friends,

we would like to ask for testing for the upcoming 0.53 version. We put
a testversion online at:

http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/0.53

(source and deb). Sebastian also build packages for FC2 and Suse:

http://www.pimplcup.de/synaptic/synaptic-0.53-0.1.fc2.i386.rpm
http://www.pimplcup.de/synaptic/synaptic-debuginfo-0.53-0.1.fc2.i386.rpm
thanx to Sebastian for FC2, it works (and looks) really nice.
you guys, did really good job.

- sort by Available Version and Installed Version
- task support (if distribution supports it)
- GPG-Check button in Summary Window for RPM systems
- Properties of the package can optionally be shown in main window
that's great improvement! (comparing to 0.52 of course)

- reworked the column editor (thanks Sebastian)
I'm just thinking what if column editor implementation will be done like that one on the screenshot attached (thunderbird), it seems to be common for gtk applications, isn't it? And column rearrangement can be done by drag'n'drop there.

- various bugfixes
what about to put the Force Version button directly on the "versions tab" like Michael Vogt said before?

And about that "hackish" search implementataion.
I'm using couple application which also have search-im-the-list implemented. It works like: you type "a" - all the list is shrinked displaing the lines which start with "a" type "b" - the list is shrinked furthes to lines which start with "ab" and so on. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. So I just thought it would be nice to have such search in synaptic.

I'm sorry, If that was mentioned before and I missed it.

regards.

PNG image