Re: [Taler] wallet exchange management

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] wallet exchange management
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 13:51:13 -0300

Hi Florian,

On 2020-04-09 06:10, Florian Dold wrote:
> thanks for your constructive comments.  I think we still have some
> different ideas about how the exchange list management should work
> conceptually.

Good we talk about it then :)

> I thought when we select a different exchange for withdrawal, it doesn't
> necessarily get added permanently to the list of known exchanges.  This
> is why it's called "query" and not "add".  It'll get added either by
> setting it as "trusted" or by accepting a withdrawal.

My reasoning is that if someone goes through the trouble of manually
adding an exchange (and the wallet finds that there's nothing with it),
they would like it saved for later even if they don't end up choosing it
for a withdrawal right now.

It might also make things simpler for the implementation and open the
door for a dedicated management UI that is independent of withdrawals.

Btw. maybe it makes sense to later also introduce an exchange-add
taler:// Uri to make it easier for people to add different exchanges?

Kind Regards,
Torsten