Re: [Taler] wallet exchange management

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] wallet exchange management
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 12:43:24 +0530

On 4/10/20 12:04 AM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> Makes sense. If it was a valid exchange URL (/keys came back with a
> well-formed 'version', at least), we probably should remember at least
> the URL.
>
>> It might also make things simpler for the implementation and open the
>> door for a dedicated management UI that is independent of withdrawals.
>
> I was actually thinking that we'd have _exactly_ the same dialog: list
> with all the exchanges for a particular currency, user is expected to
> "select the default", showing the fee structure for the selected
> exchange (on top, above the list?), and a "confirm/select" (action?)
> button. Only if you go to that list via "settings", the button takes you
> back to the main settings screen (or the list of all currencies, or from
> wherever that dialog is reached), while in a withdraw situation the
> button takes you to the ToS (or if ToS was accepted, directly to the
> withdraw-confirm) screen.

It can't be *exactly* the same dialog, as we have to do some filtering
to gray out some exchanges not applicable for the current withdrawal
operation.

>> Btw. maybe it makes sense to later also introduce an exchange-add
>> taler:// Uri to make it easier for people to add different exchanges?
>
> Yes, that's what I was thinking about when I mentioned adding exchanges
> via QR code.  We _also_ need an auditor-add taler:// URI while we're at it.
>
> Oh, and we should start an RFC/draft/LSD specifying all the taler://
> URIs that are defined.  Florian: if you can provide a very simple list
> with syntax examples, I could possibly turn this into a task for Stefan
> and/or Buck.

There is some (outdated and incomplete :-( ) documentation here:
https://docs.taler.net/core/taler-uri.html

A better list of both valid and invalid example URIs can be found in the
wallet's test case for the taleruri module in util:

https://git.taler.net/wallet-core.git/tree/src/util/taleruri-test.ts

(One additional operation type will be introduced by
https://docs.taler.net/design-documents/001-new-browser-integration.html)

- Florian