[Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: [Taler] Balance and Transaction List UI
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 13:20:26 -0300

Hi all,

I would like to open a dedicated thread to talk about how to display the
current balances (for each currency) and the transactions (currently
called history).

There is a couple of things we might want to show the user:

* current balances
* past transactions
* pending transactions
* pending transactions that require user input

All of those can be shown per currency or per exchange.

One idea is to show only the balances on the main screen with an icon
bringing the user to the transaction list. If there's pending
transactions, the icon could have a notification dot. If there's some
that require user input, they could be highlighted more prominently.

We could for example show a small summary of pending transactions below
the balance as well e.g. Balance: 5 EUR (+10 EUR incoming).

Any thoughts?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Torsten