Re: [Taler] UI considerations for backup & sync

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] UI considerations for backup & sync
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 00:22:46 +0200

On 4/21/20 11:36 PM, ms wrote:
> This way, the user must choose two services (exchange and backup),
> and read two wordy ToS (from each of the chosen services), just as soon
> as they enter the Taler world.  It can get quite discouraging this way!
>
> And there's also the question of _how_ the user is going to pay the
> backup service.  If the backup service can be chosen at some later
> stage after the withdrawal, then we achieve two things: we dilute
> the service-choosing stress, and we let the user use Taler itself to pay
> for such backup service.

The service is indeed supposed to be chosen just after the withdrawal,
because you can only pay using Taler for it.

We can't really avoid having two ToS, as the sync/backup is optional
(but we must offer it), and clearly is independent of the exchange
itself. What we will try (ideally with qualified lawyers) is to make
those ToS less wordy ;-)