Re: [Taler] UI considerations for backup & sync

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] UI considerations for backup & sync
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 12:37:31 -0300

On 2020-04-22 12:19, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> the ECB told us that we must "urge" users to make backups and
> basically inform them that it would be gross negligence on their part to
> refuse to make a backup. Otherwise _we_ would be liable for losses from
> a lack of backups.

Interesting! It seems there's some product decisions that are mostly
driven by (informal?) regulator and potential customer feedback.

I wonder why a digital wallet isn't treated like a physical one. It
holds a limited amount of cash and if you lose it, tough luck. Or is the
limited amount too low and we want to be able to handle larger amounts
that require backups?

Kind Regards,
Torsten