Re: [Taler] Withdrawal Flow (was: Taler Android UX)

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] Withdrawal Flow (was: Taler Android UX)
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 09:28:11 -0300

Hi Florian,

I added some clarifications to the docs:

https://docs.taler.net/design-documents/004-wallet-withdrawal-flow.html

On 2020-04-24 06:14, Florian Dold wrote:
> Another thing that's missing is the 2FA step that might happen after
> the user confirms withdrawal in the wallet. There are three cases:
>
> 1. The bank transfer happens immediately
>
> 2. The 2FA is "detached", i.e. you have to press "confirm" on a
> physical Taler ATM, or a Taler cashier has to do a final "confirm"
> on their device.
>
> 3. The bank provides a confirmation_url
>
> Note that the wallet is able to distinguish all three cases based on
> the bank integration API's response.
>
> We could consider to include some explanation string (i18n-ized) for
>  case 2, which we can display in the wallet UI.  Something like
> "Waiting for transaction confirmation (please confirm transaction on
> your QuuxBank ATM terminal)".

The current TransactionWithdrawal interface

https://docs.taler.net/taler-wallet.html#tsref-type-TransactionWithdrawal

includes a confirmed boolean and an optional bankConfirmationUrl which
should cover case 1 and 3, but I wonder what to do about case 2. A
(i18n-ized) explanation string could work, but do we generally want the
wallet-core library provide strings for the UI?

Or do we just say, "Waits for bank confirmation" if confirmed is false
and there's no bankConfirmationUrl and let the user figure out what's
next? In the case of the ATM, this should be shown on screen. In the
case of the cashier, the user can't do anything anyway, right?

Kind Regards,
Torsten