Re: [Taler] Withdrawal Flow (was: Taler Android UX)

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] Withdrawal Flow (was: Taler Android UX)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 23:54:38 +0530

On 5/4/20 11:33 PM, Torsten Grote wrote:
>> taler://withdrawal-confirmation-instruction/Please+ask+the+cashier+to+confirm+the+transaction
>>
>> (or some less unwieldy name for it ;-) )
>
> Hmm but how do you i18n that Uri? Also, if we want wallet-core library
> provide strings for the UI, it needs to know the current locale. Maybe
> better to cover all cases in the API and let the wallet UI take care of
> displaying text to the user?

I see.  We can either leave it out and let the user figure out what they
need to do next, or we assume that the bank / ATM / cashier already
knows the language of the user, and thus the bank integration API is
responsible for internationalizing this.

So when I use some local currency Taler ATM at some festival, I would
first select my language on the ATM.  When the ATM then creates the
withdrawal operation on the bank's side and hands over the
taler://withdraw URI, it can store the language for the withdrawal in
the withdrawal operation record and generate the corresponding URI in
the response.

- Florian